Health and Safetly
Dr. Richardson and her staff would like our patients to know that we strictly follow the standards for sterilization and disinfection of instruments and surfaces as set out by the Nova Scotia Dental Association.
The sterilizers utilized within this practice are monitored by the Dalhousie University Pathology Lab. By participating in the biological sterilizer monitoring service at Dalhousie University, we are ensuring our patients that we are maintaining high standards in infection control.
Other Points of Interest
- Our metal braces are individually packaged, and are opened only when required at the appointment.
- Instruments are sterilized and packaged in kits before they are stored. We open the kits only after the patient is seated and is ready for the procedure.
- We provide our patients with safety glasses at each appointment. The health and safety of our patients is of paramount importance to us.
- We exclusively use non-latex dental gloves and can offer our patients a latex free environment if requested.
- Our office also adheres to the guidelines set forth by WHMIS, and our staff has received continuing education on WHMIS.
- We are a PIPEDA Compliant office. Patient confidentiality is taken very seriously in our practice.